Natalie Portman brings energy to the last SNL before the Olympics start up.
Natalie Portman last hosted SNL in the mid 2000s, back in the height of the “SNL Digital Short” era. A lot has changed since then! Like almost, if not all of, the cast, and the writing team, etc., etc. She’s got a new movie out though, so it’s time to see if she’s still got it when it comes to live sketch comedy.
What You Missed
Fox And Friends
“We love the show, it’s playing at full volume every meeting.”
I miss Bobby Moynihan’s Brian Kilmeade. I wish I missed Alec’s Trump.
Riffing on the upcoming Olympics was a smart move here!
RACHEL DRATCH IS HERE and amazing. Also the Dunkin Donuts man’s pink vest was a nice touch.
TINA FEY as head of Philadelphia is also nicely cast here
Stranger Things 3
This was a one-joke sketch that was mostly meh but the chili joke was good and so was Leslie Jones
Natalie’s 2nd Rap
This was great and references about 5 things at once, rap-wise.
- Michael Che running down the memo was great
- “Aw, look, he’s doing human stuff”
- Cecily and Kate as Catherine Deneuve and Brigitte Bardot was delightful
- Pete Davidson got a little ramble-y this time around
- No one has ever used the phrase “oh good, a bird’s inside”
- It’s Willie! I do not understand how this character is still a recurring bit!
This is a very dumb idea executed to perfection by Beck and Natalie.
Kids Choice Awards Orange Carpet
There are a lot of wonderful, small moments in this sketch. And a very silly vocal effect.
First Lady Chat
This kind of went nowhere?
Aidy had me at “I’m doing a whiskey milk, neat”, but the rest was kind of meh