Tom Hanks brings hilarious energy to SNL’s last episode before a Halloween break.
Tom Hanks is a great choice for an episode of SNL that’s deep in the show’s pattern of 3-4 weeks on, 1-2 off, because he’s hosted before (this was his 9th time!) and can be counted on to be up for anything. This week the show gave him plenty to do and plenty of ways to showcase his comedic talents, which we don’t get to see all that often when he’s starring in movies like Sully and Inferno.
What You Missed:
Cold Open: The Third Debate
HOST IN THE OPENING! HOST IN THE OPENING!
That Lord of the Rings joke is true.
Tom Hanks is America’s Dad, and he’s given us the talking to we need.
“You’ve got a summer birthday, that’s tough”
“The only TV show where the audience is in church clothes.”
OMG Tom Hanks in full #MAGA/Infowars getup on this one.
The tone shift between the bleak ‘comedy’ and CBS’ upbeat narration was perfect.
I would go to this haunted house.
“It’s 100 floors of frights. They’re not all gonna be winners.”
- “Trump is so cheap he’s cheating them on their minutes of fame”
- “A grandma who loves secrets, or a human airhorn who says every thought that comes into his head”
- Leslie Jones talking some more about cyber security is GREAT
- I love any visit from The Girl You Wish You Hadn’t Started a Conversation With At A Party.
“This is a colostomy.”
Sully! Being Sully! With Alec Baldwin!
A Girl’s Halloween
The flash back/forward on this was great. As was Cecily throwing up on a pizza.
What You Didn’t Miss:
- The Halloween Block Party sketch was a little unfocused, but watching the cast try to not break was pretty great. The video doesn’t appear to be online (b/c Journey’s “Don’t Stop Believin'” was used), but don’t seek it out.
- The reprise of America’s Funniest Pets was mostly funny for Tom Hanks’ so-so Ron Howard impersonation