This week on the Scandal Finale everyone’s on Papa Pope’s payroll.
This week on the Scandal Finale everyone’s on Papa Pope’s payroll, until he’s foiled by Olivia’s own monetary moves.
1. Damascus Bainbridge. Papa Pope posed as the billionaire Mr. Bainbridge, supporting Mellie’s senate campaign with just a few stipulations, and of course some photos of The First Lady and the former Vice President. For those photos he’s going to need a list.
2. Spies killing spies. Apparently the birth of B613 hinged on Operation Remington, which was also the mission that sent then Soldier Grant to shoot down a civilian plane. But we all knew that, someone else didn’t want anyone to know anything more about B613 and murdered an entire bus full of the case and David Rosen’s Grand Jurors. Looks like Mellie’s list was that of those jurors.
3. Nobody even knows he exists. Mama Pope tries to school her daughter in how why no one has ever taken down her father. Apparently not even the head of the CIA knows B613 exists. Well, no, of course she knows, but she IS stupid enough to think she’s going to arrest him. Luckily Cyrus steps in with both her and Papa Pope and Liv and Jake end up behind bars instead.
4. When you know someone’s pressure point you can make them do just about anything. Cyrus threatens David Rosen with Abby’s potential suicide, murder, mishap. Well, now David’s convinced Liv and Jake to sign the truth away as a get out of jail free card. Will anyone ever really try in earnest to take down the all powerful papa pope. There’s also that face Olivia makes when she realizes daddy’s won again.
5. ‘Get out of my house’…Jr. Senator, Mellie Grant is all smiles until Elizabeth North tells the President about his wife’s deal with the devil, er Papa Pope. So not only does the President kick his wife out of the White House, he fires his chief of staff too. Looks like Huck also made a deal with Command and was responsible for the motor coach grand jury massacre.
Honorable Mention: We couldn’t take command, but we can take Eli Pope. Maybe it’s not a blaze of glory and maybe not Rowan or Command, but Elijah Pope Smithsonian employee can be jailed for embezzling money from his employer. And with that, Jake’s mission is complete and he has to tell Liv – ‘I’m in love with you and you are in love with home. You are owed Olivia and if you want what’s yours, go and take it.’ So she does.