This week on Scandal: Run, Olivia learns sometimes even Gladiators have nowhere else to run.
Welcome back Gladiators! In case you missed it, our fearless leader is in trouble. Flashback to a girl1 dancing around her apartment while Jake goes to grab bedroom blankets so they can see just how sturdy her baby grand is. But before he can return, she’s kidknapped and he’s running after her. Unfortunately before he can catch the decoy getaway car, we know the meticulous band of kidnappers really have Olivia across her apartment’s hallway tied up with a neighbor.
These guys then hide Liv in a body bag, sneaking her out once they’re dressed as paramedics. Hours, minutes, who-knows-how-long later Olivia is locked in a cell with a man named Ian who was also captured at some point. After spilling secrets to him she finds a way to escape while being escorted to the bathroom only to realize she’s trapped in an elaborate plan to use her as a Presidential bargaining chip. A prisoner of ‘war’ on domestic soil, and a prisoner of awesomeness.
1) Is Gettysburger a real thing? Because it sounds like a place I want to visit for dinner before dessert from DC Cupcakes.
2) ‘It’s all over now.’ Awwww sorry neighbor, sadly we knew you wouldn’t make it out.
3) ‘…your father is Ike Turner?’ Liv tells her cellmate, Ian, about her father putting a tracking device on her mother, as Ian looks for one on her.
4) It was all a dream. Fitz didn’t ‘go all Wallis Simpson for America…no one is going to rescue you.’ Real time Olivia, kidnapped Olivia Pope dreams that her kidnapped self is rescued by Jake only to wake up and realize she’s actually with Fitz in Vermont making jam and walking a golden retriever, only to wake up and realize she’s still locked up.
5) Liv MacGyver’s her bra’s underwire not once but twice to escape creepy crazy prison.
- see how I did that, SMASH and ‘Let Me Be Your Star’ fans ↵