On this week’s episode of The Biggest Loser, Dr. H pays a visit, the teams face their first challenge, and only one person on each team will count at the weigh-in. Let’s look at this week’s numbers.
Trainers: 3 (in order of Morgan Spurlock realness): Bob, Dolvett, Jillian
Contestants: 15 — remember, no one went home last week.
Dr. Huizinga Nightmare Diagnoses: Just 1 — Ruben has Type-II diabetes. This news does not shock Ruben at all.
Sob Stories: 4.5
- Craig’s dad died at the age of 32. Craig’s 32nd birthday is 24 months or so away.
- Fernanda has intimacy issues with her husband.
- Jennifer’s daughter is 70 pounds overweight.
- Matt had to postpone his wedding to be on the show. This is mentioned in passing in an interview, so it only counts for half.
- Hap’s wife gave birth a couple days into filming and he had to Skype to see the new baby.
The teams roll a giant die to determine how many buckets of water they can carry to a giant tank after climbing over a hill. The winning team wins a bonus die which will be used at the weigh-in. Each team will have one representative at the weigh-in, determined by a roll of a die, so the team with two dice allows that team’s trainer to decide who should count on the scale. It comes down to a showdown between Dolvett’s team and Bob’s team, but Holley the weightlifter has the advantage in lifting the water buckets and scores the win.
“LAST CHANCE WORKOUT!”: Only 4? Step up your game, show.